Sorting, grouping, and filtering operations

hello,

I suggest the ability to sort, group and/or filter out any piece of content (comments, threads, communities, lists of communities (and so on), …).

We would be able to sort:

• [(lists of) lists of] communities (in the sidebar or in the “Browse communities” section) alphabetically, by number of users, and more.
  • threads and comments with regard to one or many criteria (popular, controversial, high-quality, funny, informative, …), as well as by date, and more.

We would be able to group:

• [(lists of) lists of] communities (in the sidebar or in the “Browse communities” section) by tag, by (personal or community-maintained) list, by language, and more.

We would be able to filter out:

• [(lists of) lists of] communities (in the sidebar or in the “Browse communities” section) by tag, by language, and more.
  • threads and comments with regard to one or many criteria (popular, controversial, high-quality, funny, informative, …), as well as by date, by tag (any tag, or tags used in a given community, like flairs on reddit) and more.

A few examples:

• “Show me all communities belonging to the community-maintained lists “Nature” and “Science”, sorted by number of users, grouped by language, except those that are neither in French nor in Italian, or that are tagged as “parody”.”
  • “Show me threads that are informative and exciting, but not funny”.
  • “Show me comments that are both high-quality and highly disagreed upon.”
  • “Show me all funny comments.”

What do you think?