router uncooperative

What do we need to allow, tcp or udp or both ?
Aether port is allowed in my firewall and port fowarded in my router, tcp and udp.
I’ve no clue why it still says “router uncooperative”

Aether Community Edition v2.0.0-dev.15, build 2011262249.19338c93
OS: MX 19.3 (patito feo) x86_64 based Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
SysV init version: 2.93
Kernel: 4.19.0-9-amd64
Xorg v1:7.7+19
WM: Spectrwm

Router uncooperative isn’t a huge issue since Aether is capable of working even under those circumstances by doing reverse-opens.

That situation usually happens when the router does not accept UPNP port mapping. It is possible for the router to show as ‘uncooperative’ even when the port is open — because it is a check for UPNP being functional, not a check on whether the port is open or not. You can have a non-working UPNP on your router and if you’ve manually forwarded the port, still have an open port, and Aether would not know it — it’s a P2P app, it does not have a remote server it can use to check whether your port is open or not.

In other words, if you’re seeing inbound connections, you’re good to go. You can largely ignore router uncooperative error if that is the case, it is an informational data point, not a terminal one.

1 Like

Ok cool. Im trying to find how to config Aether to use a specific port. Aether change ports at every restart which makes it hard to deal with ports. Judging from the connections, I only need to allow tcp correct?