Remembering scroll position

Hi,

First off, I’d like to say thanks for putting Aether together, it’s pretty rad. I am enjoying the new way the app handles aether:// links as Firefox would refuse to handle http://aether:// even when the Aether protocol is associated with the app. It’s a nice QoL improvement.

Anyhow, my (basic) suggestion is as follows:

When following a link to a post or sub from the ‘Home’ category I’d like to be able to click on the ‘back’ button and arrive at my original scroll position. Currently the behaviour is to return to the top of the page, to the latest entry.

On a related note, I’d like my scroll position to be forgotten when switching between ‘Home’ and ‘Popular’ as it seems to be linking the position between the two lists. I’d be interested to hear other people’s thoughts on this?

Cheers!

Thanks! Yeah, scroll position is an issue. It’s normally supported by Vue and should work as you expect, however because of some incompatibility with the specific version of WebKit Electron uses, it does appear to be not entirely working.

Whenever I update the versions of Vue and Electron to next stable, there’s a chance that issue will fix itself. If not, I’ll have to implement the manual scroll behaviour myself. So I’m waiting for my upstream dependencies at this point, since that’s a feature that comes from there, but if it stays broken, I’ll create a special case to handle it on my side.