Manjaro XFCE (MenuLibre) not showing icon

Manjaro XFCE Nibia 20.2.1 with Kernel 5.10.2-2-MANJARO
Aether P2P 2.0.0-dev.15+2011262249.19338c93

I’ve tried installing Aether from the Snap Store and using the terminal, and I was expecting that the Aether app would install itselt into the XFCE Whisker Menu with an icon and description so that I could start the app, as have other snaps that I have installed from the Snap Store.

The Aether app icon is nowhere to be found and I can’t figure out how to run the application. Running it the terminal doesn’t return anything or open any windows. Trying to run it from /var/lib/snapd/snap/aetherp2p/1/ isn’t getting me anywhere either.

Install from Snap Store on Manjaro and try to run the application.

Maybe I’m just missing something. I am just excited to try Aether!

I think you might be the first user giving it a shot on Manjaro, so it’s going to be rough around the edges. :slight_smile: I do the testing on Ubuntu, with Debian-based systems in mind. I have no knowledge whatsoever of Arch based systems like Manjaro, but I know there are some folks running it on Arch so I’ll leave it to those folks to help you out.

You might want to try just doing aetherp2p in the terminal once installed, that should be able to start running the app, at least in theory.

If you end up finding a solution, please do document it here. Thanks!