AVG antivirus broke the software

• Operating System (Windows 10 64 bit):
  • App version (dev 6)

Expected Behavior
The software must run normally

Actual behavior
Some days ago randomly AVG open a console (alleged screenshot) and broke the software (loading indefinitely at startup, the window of the frontend appaear fullscreen). I must reinstall the software and delete all the aether directories in user folder to fix the problem (i’ve saved almost all these deleted directories if necessary, except the “aether” subdirectory under roaming. The “airlabs” directories after deletion fixed the loading screem, and the “aether” directory fix the fullscreen bug). Sorry for my bad english.

To Reproduce
seems a random event

Screenshots

Additional Information
If necessary i’ve saved the directories mentioned above (one is > 1GB)

[ Thank you! ]

For AVG, there is nothing I can do — it’s a problem on their end that they are incorrectly marking Aether as a virus. You should talk to them, unfortunately. In short, AVG is failing to do its job.

You should consider changing your antivirus protection: there is now an antivirus that gets shipped by Windows itself, and it’s vastly better than most commercial antirivus programs you can buy. AVG is a terrible antivirus program even when compared to other AV software. Here’s an article I found about this: https://www.howtogeek.com/225385/what’s-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10-is-windows-defender-good-enough/

That 1gb file is really interesting though, can you see what it contains? I’d love to see that one.

Whatever that AVG CyberCapture thing is, it’s showing a normal log of the start of the backend process, so there’s nothing interesting there.

i sent you via mail the two folders as .zip files

1 Like