Aether fails to show "New User" modal after saying yes to onboarding question "Create new user?"

[ Please fill the details below. Feel free to remove square bracketed text. ]

• Operating System (Platform and Version):

macOS 10.15.2

• App version (at Preferences > About)

Aether Community Edition v2.0.0-dev.14, build 1912161354.a1a015e

Expected Behavior

Aether in onboarding has a sequence of very welcoming explanatory slides. The last one asks if I want to create a new user. When I click “yes” I expect something to happen, specifically I would expect the “Create new user” modal to appear.

Actual behavior
The modal does not appear and I arrive at a blank screen. I have to go hunting in my settings to find the “Create new user” modal.

To Reproduce

1. Do a fresh install of Aether, or remove the ~/Library/Application Support/Aether and ~/Library/Application Support/Air Labs folders.
  2. Start Aether
  3. Click through all introductory screens.
  4. On the final one, click “Yes” to create a new user.

See expected / actual behavior above.

Additional Information
This is probably some kind of typo in the event or Vuex action. I’m going to look at the code quickly to see if I can see it! :slight_smile:

UPDATE: I’ve got a local dev environment working now so I should be able to fix this.

UPDATE 2: I’m pretty sure the problem is that there’s a navigation guard in line 529 of rendermain.ts that prevents you from accessing other parts of the app until onboarding is complete, so the router.push has to be called after onboarding has been set to complete in the state.

UPDATE 3: I fixed it :slight_smile: PR forthcoming.

UPDATE 4: PR submitted! https://github.com/nehbit/aether/pull/110

This is actually the first PR I’ve ever submitted to an open source project. It feels kind of awesome.

[ Thank you! ]

Thank you for building this amazing platform and inspiring me to hack on it!